Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software What's the best way to remove Trovi search?

What's the best way to remove Trovi search?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 am#1
Topic Starter

bainesis

Hello,

'Trovi Search' snaked into my system and makes it the default search engine of my browsers (IE and Chrome). My AVG can't help me get rid of it.

Any suggestions to fix it?

Hi,

You can reset your IE and Chrome to get rid of trovi search.

To reset IE, open IE-->click Internet Options--->Advanced tab--->click Reset button--->tick "delete personal settings"---click OK to proceed.

To reset Chrome, open Chrome-->click Customize and control Google chrome button--->click Settings--->click Show advanced settings--->scroll down and click Reset browser settings to proceed.

Note: you will lose your bookmarks, favorites, passwords saved in the browsers. Create a backup of those file data before the reset.

Topic Starter

bainesis

DaveH wrote:
Hi,

To reset IE, open IE-->click Internet Options--->Advanced tab--->click Reset button--->tick "delete personal settings"---click OK to proceed.

To reset Chrome, open Chrome-->click Customize and control Google chrome button--->click Settings--->click Show advanced settings--->scroll down and click Reset browser settings to proceed.

Note: you will lose your bookmarks, favorites, passwords saved in the browsers. Create a backup of those file data before the reset.

I followed your steps and reset my browsers. At the beginning, trovi search disappears for a while, but after a few minutes, it's back. Any idea?

bainesis wrote:
DaveH wrote:
Hi,

I followed your steps and reset my browsers. At the beginning, trovi search disappears for a while, but after a few minutes, it's back. Any idea?

You have to uninstall those adware programs or PUPs (potentially unwanted programs) from Programs and features in Control Panel. Otherwise, those adware programs will keep changing your browser settings.

Topic Starter

bainesis

Thanks, I uninstalled many software that I don't use or don't know. Trovi search seems gone now. :)

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software