Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software How do I get rid of annoying popups on my laptop?

How do I get rid of annoying popups on my laptop?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Topic Starter

blossom

Hello,

I have a Dell laptop which is about one year old now. It already had to be repaired once because it was infected with a virus. Now it's starting to show the same symptoms again. I'm constantly getting pop-up ads on my screen, when I go on the internet even when I'm trying to watch something it pauses the video because an ad pops up asking me to download something.

I have the free version of SuperAntiSpyware and it did a full scan yesterday and said it found 87 adware cookies which it removed. But I'm still getting these ads. Can anyone tell me how to stop them?

Thank you!

To get rid of those annoying pop-ups, you can go to uninstall all suspicious computer software in Programs and Features. You can use revo uninstaller free version to help you uninstall those programs. After that, you need to get rid of all suspicious add-ons or extensions from your web browsers and clean all browser cache and downloads etc.

Topic Starter

blossom

Thanks for your suggestion! I use revo uninstaller free to uninstall many programs from my computer, then I deleted all folders in my hard drive. After that, I removed all extensions from my browsers. Now there is no pop-up any more. Thank you!

No problem! Stay safe ;)

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software