Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software Spam tabs always opening up. Help?

Spam tabs always opening up. Help?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:19 pm#1
Topic Starter

Ingemary

Hi,

For about a week now, random spam tabs have been opening up on Google Chrome. The problem is, I can't visit web pages properly anymore. Every time I open a tab, a spam tab pops up and removes my previous loaded tab. For example, when I'm playing an online game and this spam tab pops up and I have to reload the page then. How do I get rid of these random tabs that pop up? I used to have this problem because I had CostMin installed (I don't know when it's installed), but I have uninstalled it. I don't have any extension on my Chrome anymore, but I keep getting this annoying pop-up.

Can anyone help me get rid of such spam tabs???

Thank you!

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:28 am#2

I can think there is one possibility. That is your computer has been infected with adware programs and PUPs. That's why you get random pop-up ads or tabs.

To fix your problem, you have to get rid of all adware programs and PUPs in your system. Follow steps below:

1. Uninstall those programs that you don't know or use, as those adware programs can bundle their installers to free software and get installed in your computer secretly.

2. Use Avast Browser Cleanup to get rid of all nasty add-ons in your browsers. If you don't care about your bookmarks, passwords and other personal information, you can reset your browsers.

Hope you can get your problem fixed with the above steps. :D

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:25 am#3
Topic Starter

Ingemary

DaveH wrote:
I can think there is one possibility. That is your computer has been infected with adware programs and PUPs. That's why you get random pop-up ads or tabs.

To fix your problem, you have to get rid of all adware programs and PUPs in your system. Follow steps below:

1. Uninstall those programs that you don't know or use, as those adware programs can bundle their installers to free software and get installed in your computer secretly.

2. Use Avast Browser Cleanup to get rid of all nasty add-ons in your browsers. If you don't care about your bookmarks, passwords and other personal information, you can reset your browsers.

Hope you can get your problem fixed with the above steps. :D

LOL! I don't see any spam pop-ups now. Thanks for your help!

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software