Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software Annoying pop-up's on my task bar, how to remove?

Annoying pop-up's on my task bar, how to remove?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Topic Starter

no avatar
malcolm

Hello,

I attached an image for you to see, this annoying pop-up on my task bar. It appears every after seconds. Is that a virus? I'm not sure what it it.

pop-ups.jpeg
pop-ups.jpeg (120.7 KiB) Viewed 540 times

I also use AVG antivirus free to scan my computer many times, I also attached the scan report. It seems that AVG can't remove those threats? Any idea please? Thank you in advance!

avg-scan-report.jpeg
avg-scan-report.jpeg (69.07 KiB) Viewed 540 times

From your scan report, we can know TBHostSupport.dll is a dynamic link library file that is associated with Conduit Search browser extensions. it can change your home page and search engine.

To resolve this, download AutoRuns and save it to your Desktop.

1. Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there.

2. Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.

3. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.

4. Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.

5. When finished scanning, it will say Ready at the at the bottom and list all entries under the Everything tab.

6. In the top menu, click File > Find... and type the file name (TBHostSupport.dll) related to the error message, then click Find Next.

7. Alternatively, you can scroll through the list and look for any entry related to TBHostSupport.dll and conduit.

8. If found, right-click on the entry and choose delete.

9. Exit Autoruns and reboot your computer when done.

An alternate method to resolve this issue is as follows:

1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools.

2. Open Task Scheduler and click on Task Scheduler Library.

3. Look through the list for an entry related to TBHostSupport.

4. If found, right-click on it and select Delete.

5. Exit all programs and reboot the computer when done.

Topic Starter

no avatar
malcolm

Thank you so much! it works perfectly!

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software