Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software How do I get rid of these ads/Viruses?

How do I get rid of these ads/Viruses?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:11 am#1
Topic Starter

kerwin

Hi there,

They're like blue words, they're everywhere, especially Ask.fm. When I move the mouse to those highlighted blue words, this advertisement appears.

What is it and how do I get rid of them?

ads.png
ads.png (73.15 KiB) Viewed 817 times

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:50 am#2

Well, based on the image you post, it's clear that there is at least one adware program or PUP in your computer. Adware programs and PUPs can highlight those words and display ads when people move their mouse over them. They can also pop up ad windows when people open new tabs or click links on the web pages.

To fix your problem,

1. Exit all programs in your computer

2. Go to uninstall those programs that are not installed by yourself

3. Remove those add-ons from your browsers you don't need or know

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:52 am#3
Topic Starter

kerwin

Can I use adblock to block them?

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:54 am#4

I don't think so. It's adware programs that cause those pop-ups. You should get rid of them if you want to stop them.

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:56 am#5
Topic Starter

kerwin

I found many programs installed on the same date when I installed a game. I uninstalled all of them and removed all extensions from my firefox. But IE still gets pop-ups as I can't disable those add-ons, they are gray....please help!

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 am#6

kerwin wrote:
I found many programs installed on the same date when I installed a game. I uninstalled all of them and removed all extensions from my firefox. But IE still gets pop-ups as I can't disable those add-ons, they are gray....please help!

You can back up your bookmarks, passwords, and other personal information, then reset your IE.

Click Gear button----> Internet Options--->Advanced tab---->Reset button

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:59 am#7
Topic Starter

kerwin

Thanks! Pop-ups are gone! :D

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software