Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software Ads keep attacking my computer how do I stop it?

Ads keep attacking my computer how do I stop it?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Topic Starter

phyllis

These ads are getting very annoying and they are slowing down my computer and browsing. It used to run fast, but now I have to wait like 4 minutes to get on Yahoo or anything else. I can't even get on Youtube without 4-5 ads popping up and slowing down my computer even more. How do I get rid of these ads?? My AVG can't seem to detect anything dangerous. It said my computer is clean.

It's likely that your computer has been infected with nasty adware programs.

You can run AdwCleaner to see if it can detect adware programs. Remove those adware programs and PUPs once they are detected.

You can also use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall those suspicious programs. After that, go to remove or disable those suspicious browser add-ons from your browsers.

Please let me know if these methods work for you or not.

Topic Starter

phyllis

Thanks! AdwCleaner did detect many adware and PUPs in my computer. But I still get pop-ups after AdwCleaner removed those adware. What can I do now?

I see. Then go to your browser and remove those add-ons you don't know to see if you still get pop-ups.

Topic Starter

phyllis

I can't disable or remove those add-ons on IE. They are gray!!! Please help!

You can back up your bookmarks, passwords, and other personal information, then reset your IE.

Click Gear button----> Internet Options--->Advanced tab---->Reset button

Topic Starter

phyllis

Thanks! Pop-ups stop now... :D

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software