Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software Cannot Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus

Cannot Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:40 am#1
Topic Starter

zandram

Hello Folks,

I bought a second hand laptop and wanna get rid of those software I don't wanna use. How do I uninstall ESET NOD32 antivirus with a password? I don't know both the password and user name and I also don't know the email address with which it is registered.

Thank you!

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am#2

use free revo uninstaller....it will remove all instances also in the registry...works great!

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:55 am#3
Topic Starter

zandram

nanaivy wrote:
use free revo uninstaller....it will remove all instances also in the registry...works great!

Thank you all for your valuable advice. I used revo uninstaller. It uninstalled ESET but some web pages are still blocked by ESET. Does that mean ESET is still there in my computer?? I can see Eset in Start/All Programs but it cannot be accessed.

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:00 am#4

More than likely. You can open the registry and remove its registry keys.

1. To open the registry editor, press Windows key+ R to open run
2. Type in regedit and hit Enter key
3. Find ESET in the following folders,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

4. Then go to your hard drive and delete its files and folders in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)

Hope this could help. Be careful when you edit the registry. If you're not sure how to do that, apply for free support

Post Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:01 am#5
Topic Starter

zandram

nanaivy wrote:
More than likely. You can open the registry and remove its registry keys.

1. To open the registry editor, press Windows key+ R to open run
2. Type in regedit and hit Enter key
3. Find ESET in the following folders,

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE

4. Then go to your hard drive and delete its files and folders in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86)

Hope this could help. Be careful when you edit the registry. If you're not sure how to do that, apply for free support

OK, I will try your method. Thank you!

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software