Board index Operating Systems Windows 7 & Vista PC closes down suddenly

PC closes down suddenly

Please discuss, ask questions, and give answers for Microsoft's Windows 7 & Vista operating system in this forum!

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:57 am#1
Topic Starter

no avatar
RayL

This is my old desktop. It has been functioning quite well until recently. I keep it at hibernate mode when I go to sleep and turn it on when I wake. The problem is that, these days, it shuts down randomly after I boot it up. This kind of thing never happen before. I have changed nothing. Any ideas about what has gone wrong?

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:58 am#2

Why don’t you just shut it down when you don’t use it? Have you checked the power supply? Maybe the cord has connection problem since it’s old like you said?

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:00 am#3

Well, after it shuts down on it own, you must have opened it manually. Have you seen anything displayed on the screen? There should be some messages explain the abnormal behaviors itself. Or, just try restart it normally, the problem may cause due to random insufficient power supply

Post Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:01 am#4
Topic Starter

no avatar
RayL

Nothing much. It just said Windows might not close properly and asked me whether or not I would like to restart the Windows in normal mode.

Return to Windows 7 & Vista