Board index Security Virus,Trojan,Spyware and Malware Removal How to get rid of pop-up ads on my computer?

How to get rid of pop-up ads on my computer?

This forum is to discuss and help you remove Adware, Trojan, Spyware, Worms and other types of malware.

Topic Starter

catcup

Hello,

No matter when I open my browser and visit a website, there are endless ads keeping popping up on my screen, and it also shows ads when I move my mouse over those keywords with green lines under them. I don't have this kind of problem before, this problem occur recently and it really pisses me off! So please help me!! :cry:

I think it's a kind of computer malware. Do you scan your computer with your antivirus? Does it find out anything dangerous in your system?

Topic Starter

catcup

abigaily wrote:
I think it's a kind of computer malware. Do you scan your computer with your antivirus? Does it find out anything dangerous in your system?

I'm using AVG free antivirus, but it could not find any malware in my system. I have run many full scans.

I think your pop-up ads are caused by adware programs and PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). They appear to be common computer programs, so your antivirus does not recognize it a risk. Can you tell me what browser is getting pop-ups?

Topic Starter

catcup

My Internet Explorer and Google Chrome are both infected.

1. Open Google Chrome and click Customize and control Google Chrome. Move to Tools and click Extensions.

2. Review your extension list and remove those suspicious or unknown extensions.

3. In the same window, click Settings on the left panel.

There are many steps to take, you can visit this pop-up removal guide. It includes full instruction to fix your problem.

Topic Starter

catcup

abigaily wrote:
1. Open Google Chrome and click Customize and control Google Chrome. Move to Tools and click Extensions.

2. Review your extension list and remove those suspicious or unknown extensions.

3. In the same window, click Settings on the left panel.

There are many steps to take, you can visit this pop-up removal guide. It includes full instruction to fix your problem.

Thank you! It really helped me get rid of all pop-ups on my computer! Thanks again! :D

Return to Virus,Trojan,Spyware and Malware Removal