Board index Security Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software Pop-up Ads are everywhere and opening in new tabs?

Pop-up Ads are everywhere and opening in new tabs?

This forum is to discuss and give you review and support of various Anti-virus, Anti-Malware, and other associated applications.

Topic Starter

lyndon

Hi Folks,

This problem just started popping up yesterday and the ads are everywhere in blank space. Ads appear on websites where they usually don't. When I just open a new tab and it displays me to forex or some other advertisements. I also play this virtual world called 'ourWorld' and I can get "gems" (The virtual currency) by watching videos. It tells me that I have AdBlock which won't let me watch the video or get the gems.

So I disabled it in the browser but now there's an ad on the video which means I can't actually watch the video or get the gems. I don't have any extensions except AdBlock and there isn't any program installed onto my computer which I don't know about. Is there any way to stop the ads from opening in new tabs when I click a link? And also unblock the video without another ad covering it? Thanks. :cry:

Your pop-ups are caused by adware programs, so adblock can not help you block those ads.

If you want to get rid of pop-ups, go to uninstall those programs that were installed yesterday. I think there are many of them....

After that, go to remove those extensions you don't even know when it came to your browser.

If you can't uninstall those programs, you can try in safe mode or use Revo Uninstaller....

Topic Starter

lyndon

I use revo uninstaller and uninstalled many programs. Then I removed all extensions from firefox. It works now and it loads web pages faster ;) Thanks Jack!

Return to Anti-virus and Anti-malware Software