Board index Operating Systems Windows 8 Please help! My Store App Not Working In Windows 8.1

Please help! My Store App Not Working In Windows 8.1

Please discuss, ask questions, and give answers for Microsoft's Windows 8 operating system in this forum!

Topic Starter

no avatar
Christina

I'm running Windows 8.1 and the Store apps not working now. It is perfectly fine this morning, then later today, it stops working!! Any ideas to fix this?

Try this one:
1. Right click on the start button and Open “Command Prompt (Admin)”. You can also find “Command Prompt (Admin)” to press (Windows Logo + X).
2. Now type “powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml” and hit Enter to Run this command.
That’s it, you can check Store app after done above process.

Topic Starter

no avatar
Christina

Ummily wrote:
Try this one:
1. Right click on the start button and Open “Command Prompt (Admin)”. You can also find “Command Prompt (Admin)” to press (Windows Logo + X).
2. Now type “powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml” and hit Enter to Run this command.

It is not working for me when i open store it says “we weren’t able to connect to the store”

Christina wrote:
Ummily wrote:
Try this one:

It is not working for me when i open store it says “we weren’t able to connect to the store”

First check your Windows update is up to date, if not then update first. Let me know, if this is working.

Return to Windows 8